Aims and objectives of the School
1. To encourage an appropriate academic challenge, which enables each pupil to realise his/her potential in an atmosphere of mutual respect and celebration of achievement.
2. To recognise each member of the school community as unique, with talents to develop and a contribution to make.
3. To promote excellence in all areas and to develop each pupil’s abilities and character to the full.
4. To promote a purposeful and disciplined atmosphere.
Within those aims, the school also tries to maintain a population of children from a variety of backgrounds. It will admit pupils, not solely on academic ability but with a range of qualities, abilities and talents, who can make a real contribution to the success and welfare of the school in many different ways.
In achieving these aims we intend to:
- Offer a broad and balanced range of academic and extra curriculum activities which develop skills in enquiry, problem – solving, reasoning and co-operation.
- Maintain a calm, caring and safe environment in which pupils are motivated through recognition of achievement value every pupil and foster self-esteem and self-knowledge in a context of high expectations.
- Ensure that all pupils have equal access of all area of the school curriculum and all aspects of school life regardless of race, religion and disability.
- Provide enjoyable and challenging learning opportunities that help every pupil to develop an independent, lively and enquiring mind.